Each year, Pushcart Press accepts nominations from magazine and small book press editors throughout the world for the Pushcart Prize. Editors can nominate poetry, essays, short stories, memoirs, or standalone novel excerpts, including translations, reprints, and both traditional and experimental writing. Selected pieces are then published in the annual Pushcart Prize anthology. Capsule Stories selected the following six stories and poems as our 2019 Pushcart Prize nominations.
- Eilidh G Clark’s “Mother of Pearl,” a story published in Capsule Stories Autumn 2019 Edition
- Margot Nelson’s “What Happened in Birchwood Grove,” a story published in Capsule Stories Winter 2019 Edition
- K A Servian’s “The Clockmaker,” a story published in Capsule Stories Winter 2019 Edition
- Marya Layth’s “the way the day unfolds,” a poem published in Capsule Stories Spring 2019 Edition
- John Grey’s “Instructions,” a poem published in Capsule Stories Winter 2019 Edition
- Adrian Ernesto Cepeda’s “Endless Embrace,” a poem published in Capsule Stories Summer 2019 Edition
It was very difficult to narrow down our list of nominations because we published so many fantastic authors this year. Thank you to each and every one of our contributors for sending us your work. We are so grateful to publish it!